Saturday 2 June 2007

I'm still here!

Right,

it's been ages and ages since my last post and I do apologise. I could explain about the pressures of work and 'not enough hours in the day' and all that rubbish - but, let's be honest, what do you care, right? :-)

Am still pounding the canal paths near where I live (and they are pounding right back, I can tell you) and as the event draws closer I find myself more and more excited and/or nervous - but that's probably a good thing!

As I live on the other side of the country to Martin, most of our arrangements have been handled by phone but I'm very keen to get a slice of all of this new media attention being lavished on the boys - I was particularly impressed by the picture focusing on their feet, after all it detracted attention from Martin's face and that can only be a good thing! :-)) And what's with this newspaper obsession with printing people's ages after their names??? I was feeling old before all of this so I guess I'll just have to get used to it......

Am looking forward to seeing my 'Team Magician' T-shirt although, it must be said, my greatest trick will actually be getting into the blasted thing - all of this walking has apparently done nothing for my waistline......... does that T-shirt come in XXXXXXXXXXXXXL, perchance?

Talking of magic, if you find yourself near any of the stop-off points along the way, I'd be more than happy to do a few tricks for you (if you know what I mean) in return for a small donation to the fund. I'm never without a pack of cards and some other tools of the trade. In fact - if you're an events booker for a company and want a walk-around magician for your next event, I'll see if I can convince Martin to put that in as one of the lots during the upcoming auctions, it's all for a good cause and I really am quite good - so long as the audience has had slightly more to drink than I have!

That's it for now....... I'm busy flogging a load of my old magic tricks on Ebay so I must get back to the job in hand and keep track of all the bids!

cheers,


Sean

No comments: