Thursday 1 March 2007

Dave's... Day 1

I have thought long and hard what to call this entry, spent many a sleepless night thinking of a catchy tag to grab the attention, and also have something befitting this high tech media which gives us access to so much information, and so many people. As promised this is the first day of my serious preparation for the walk so I have decided to call this entry ...................................Day 1
I went to the GP this morning and was told that I was in reasonable health, and as long as I kept popping the pills I would continue to be so. Geed up by this great news I raced home and began.
As with all major events, statistics are king, so I took mine. I then did the maths and found that I was actually 14inches too short for my weight, something the GP clearly failed to identify.
So before embarking on a rigorous regime of yoga, pilates, tai-chi, weight training, swimming and cycling I shall be spending 8 hours a day standing up to my knees in manure in the greenhouse liberally imbibing "Miracle-Gro"
Then we shall see about the other stuff.
Best foot forward !!!


Dave

No comments: