Monday 2 April 2007

Long Time No Write

I have finally got round to updating my prepartions for the walk. Time has been at a premium of late, as we are mid house sale, trying to arrange moves, sort 30 years of collected "treasure" etc. However through all this I have not lost focus, and am still collecting my thoughts on the best way to prepare. I feel that it is akin to that of a finely tuned motor vehicle.
There is the bodywork - Good for the year, average milage, regularly washed and shampooed. Sadly lacking in the waxing department.
The engine - Again not bad for the age, good starter, built for comfort not speed, and regularly NHS serviced.
My main concern for this walk was fuel. I am, as those that know me, a keen fan of food, and am a little perplexed at where I may be able to take on the necessary supplies to sustain me for the duration. To this end I have been studying the work of the Roadkill Chef and have decided to prepare my own signature dish. I call it "Startled Rabbit".
The main ingredient being - the startled rabbit, but served on a bed of gorse and ragwort with a nettle and dandelion coulis. If that doesn't see me over the finish line I don't know what will.
Best foot forward till the next time.

No comments: